Hi, I’m Jon Gauthier. I’m a student at Stanford University in the Symbolic Systems program. I work in the Natural Language Processing Group, where my research involves developing computational models of language understanding and production. My recent work has focused on deep learning for NLP.
As a young researcher, I’m interested in helping ambitious fellow undergraduate students succeed. Please get in touch!
Recent personal news
- I gave a talk on the SPINN project at Google DeepMind in August 2016.
- Our paper on SPINN, a deep learning model for natural language understanding, has been accepted to ACL 2016. Sam Bowman and I presented the work at the conference in Berlin in August 2016.
- I joined OpenAI as a research intern in June 2016.
(Find me on Google Scholar for an up-to-date list.)
- A fast unified model for parsing and sentence understanding. Sam Bowman*, Jon Gauthier*, Raghav Gupta, Abhinav Rastogi, Christopher D. Manning, and Christopher Potts. ACL 2016.
- Conditional generative adversarial networks for convolutional face generation. Jon Gauthier. Technical report. March 2015.
- Exploiting long-distance context in transition-based dependency parsing with recurrent neural networks. Jon Gauthier, Danqi Chen, and Christopher D. Manning. Preprint. 2014.