Hi, I’m Jon Gauthier. I’m a student at Stanford University in the Symbolic Systems program. I work in the Natural Language Processing Group, where my research involves developing computational models of language understanding and production. My recent work has focused on deep learning for NLP.
As a young researcher, I’m interested in helping ambitious undergraduate and young graduate students succeed. Please get in touch!
Recent personal news
- Lucy Li and I will be visiting ACL 2017 to present our work on assessing distributional representations. See you in Vancouver!
- Moving time! I will join the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in fall 2017.
- I visited NIPS 2016 in December 2016 and gave a talk on situated language learning at the Machine Intelligence Workshop.
- I gave a talk on the SPINN project at Google DeepMind in August 2016.
- Our paper on SPINN, a deep learning model for natural language understanding, has been accepted to ACL 2016. Sam Bowman and I presented the work at the conference in Berlin in August 2016.
- I joined OpenAI as a research intern in June 2016.
(Find me on Google Scholar for an up-to-date list.)